DCU Students: Start & grow your own business this summer!
- If you are a DCU student with a great business or social enterprise idea but donâ€™t know what to do next â€“ apply today and make it happen
- The DCU UStart student programme will accelerate your entrepreneurial and business development, from great idea to great product
- This is a FREE programme which runs part-time during the summer months June â€“ September, allowing you to build your business while still pursuing other summer priorities
- The value of this programme is worth over â‚¬10,000 per participant/team
- FREE flexible office & hot-desking space available
- Business development funding support available and allocated based on progress throughout the programme
- Throughout the summer, you will be supported by world-class startup experts to produce a minimal viable product, validate with customers and refine with mentor guidance
- Full-time support available throughout from DCU UStart Manager
- Culminating in a â€˜Demo Dayâ€™ when you will get to showcase your product to the key players from the Dublin StartUp eco-system
Â Be part of the next amazing DCU UStart programme
What isÂ UStart 2016?
DCU UStart 2016 will look to transition top students with great ideas into early stage entrepreneurs with prototype products.
The goal of the 2016 programme is to produce a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) which students will refine through a part-time phased model of customer validation, agile development, mentorship and ongoing support from the DCU Ryan Academy.Â The offering is worth over â‚¬10,000 per startup team.
The programme will take place over the summer months. It is a phased modelÂ achieving the following for participants:
Founders will understand the theories behind, and be practitioners in the concepts of â€˜Lean Startupâ€™ and â€˜Agile Developmentâ€™ which are key to successfully navigating the early stages of startups.
The ideas will undergo extensive market research which will ensure the teams are solving a problem that has a proven need and is commercially viable, as well as beginning the steps to establishing a â€˜product-market fitâ€™.Â The concepts have been refined to produce an M.V.P which the teams can then show to potential customers and investors.
What is in it for participants?
In this model, students will see their untested ideas taken through a process which will result in prototypes which will have been rigorously researched and extensively tested by prospective end users. Upon graduating the programme, the teams will be in a position to pursue their venture through other available startup supports in Ireland e.g. Enterprise Ireland, Venture Capital, traditional Accelerator programmes etc.
See our past & current Participant PortfolioÂ HERE
Want to find out more?
Leave your details below or contact Paddy Quinlan today: Paddy.Quinlan@RyanAcademy.dcu.ie