Take your startup to Silicon Valley!
DCU Ryan Academy is looking for one Irish late stage startup (>â‚¬50K of funding from external investors) to travel to Silicon Valley for a “soft landing” with Mind the Bridge, the Welcome Project and Startup Europe.
You will join 3 other top startups from Berlin, Milan and Madrid/Salamanca on this trip. A soft landing in Silicon Valley to help companies commercialize products abroad, enter new markets, gain visibility and reputation in US, sign partnerships with strategic corporates/partners and raise funds from venture capitals.
Selected companies will eligible to receive:
- a â€œshowcase passâ€ (tickets+shared booth) to the â€œEuropean Innovation Dayâ€ in Silicon Valley (Sep 12 th , 2016), a oneâ€day action-oriented investors day aimed at showcasing the best innovation coming from the EU, connecting startups, corporates, investors and policy makers with the Silicon Valley Ecosystem.
- a full waiver for up to 1 founder each to the MTB Startup School, a 2+1-week (Aug 29 th , Sep 16 th ) training program uniquely tailored on the needs of selected later stage startups, including 60+ hours of training modules, workshops, keynotes, site visits, networking, and 1:1 mentorship.
- a bonus of EUR 1250 to help cover travel and accommodation costs.
- Startups need to be based (or in the process of being based) in one of the 5 EU ecosystems of Startup Europeâ€™s Welcome Project (Madrid, Salamanca, Milan, Berlin, Dublin).
- Startups must have received at least >â‚¬50K in external funding
- Validation/recommendations from accelerator programs is a plus
Startups will be selected by Welcome partners and experts according to the following criteria:
- innovation of the product/service;
- innovation of the business model;
- potential of the market;
- quality of the team (in terms of diversity, experience and education